Tools are expensive but buy the right tools and look after them properly, and quality tools will last a lifetime.
A great start to looking after your tools is to get the right toolbox. A well-designed and manufactured toolbox may cost a few Euros more, but the benefits are immediate.
Benefits of a high-quality toolbox
Whether you are just starting a collection of tools or are an old hand with a plethora of expensive kit, storage is always a problem. It might seem prudent to save some cash by buying a toolbox of lesser quality, but in the long run, this may actually cost you money.
Additionally, quality toolboxes are often not as expensive as people believe. For instance, the 6 Drawer Teng Tool Chest is available for €364. It’s a great price when you consider the cost of the tools it is used to store.
Here are just some of the main benefits of using a quality toolbox:
- Keeps your tools in great condition – Nobody wants to continually have to replace valuable tools. But without proper storage, this is often what happens. A quality toolbox will keep your tools clean, dry, and secure, potentially extending their useful life for years.
- Helps keep your eye on the job – Wasting time hunting down tools is one of the biggest time-wasters. Whether you are a DIYer or a professional, time spent looking for tools will cost you money. Furthermore, the sheer frustration of hunting through every nook and cranny and under every bit of plasterboard is unbelievably annoying. And we’ve all been there!
- Security – High-quality toolboxes are incredibly secure. Many have built-in locks and/or padlock fittings to keep your tools secure. Metal tool chests are particularly robust and make it incredibly difficult for “unscrupulous individuals” to take an opportunistic dip into your expensive tool collection.
- Built to last – Saving a few Euros by skimping on the quality of your toolbox might seem like a great way to save some money. However, the fact of the matter is that a good quality toolbox is built to withstand the rough and tumble of the working environment. Cheaper toolboxes will need to be replaced far more frequently than a good-quality toolbox.
Common Types of Toolbox
Whether you are looking for a toolbox to carry essentials from job-to-job, or a full-blown tool chest for a workshop, there are loads of options to choose from. Here are just a few of the most common types of toolboxes:
Cantilever toolboxes are a perfect option for carrying essential tools around with you. The cantilever lid means there is plenty of room for carrying important tools, yet it still packs down into a handy size for carrying.
What to look for in a quality cantilever toolbox
- Smooth opening mechanism
- Double-wall construction
- Plenty of storage compartments
These are perfect for workshops and home garages and come in a variety of sizes to suit any storage needs. There are also plenty of storage options available, including multi-sized drawers to store tools of all sizes. Many can also double up as a workbench.
What to look for in a quality chest toolbox
- Robust construction
- Good quality drawers that feature ball bearing slides
- Lockable drawers and compartments
Not all quality toolboxes are manufactured from metal. There are plenty of plastic “standard toolboxes” on the market that are of the highest quality. These are another great option for mobile workers that need to carry their tools around with them.
What to look for in a quality plastic toolbox
- Plenty of compartments and organisers
- Robust latches (preferably metal)
- Solid handles for a secure and comfortable grip
Quality Toolbox Manufacturers
When shopping around for a quality toolbox, it can be difficult to know where to start. To help you narrow the choice down, we have compiled a list of some of the best toolbox manufacturers. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but if you purchase a toolbox made by any of the following, you won’t go far wrong:
- Teng Tools
The first thing that should be on any “tool’s wish list” is a quality toolbox in which to store them! By protecting your valuable gear and keeping it safe, a high-quality toolbox can only be considered a wise investment.
At HLS, we understand the importance of keeping your tools safe. That’s why all our tool storage solutions are manufactured by the biggest names in the industry with reputations for manufacturing the finest quality products.
Please get in touch if you want to know more about our range of toolboxes.